More and more people are interested in getting fit. We all know the high statistics of Americans that are out of shape and overweight. Many adults are hiring personal trainers to help them reach their fitness goals. Fitness trainers are a valuable asset to someone who does not know where to start in an exercise program. Even in special situations where fit adults try to improve towards their fitness goals. They fall short because of injuries or bad exercise programing. This is where a special hybrid trainer is very valuable. As an at-home personal trainer and private studio owner. I have learned to educate myself on many different types of modalities to help people balance their bodies. This way they can make safe progress towards their fitness goals. There are many special physical therapy programs to can help a client stay balanced and continue to move properly. One of these therapies is called NKT. Neuro Kinetic Therapy is a way of testing a person who has movement issues or is in pain. The test is very specialized. It helps the therapist -trainer analyze where the disfunction is, The manual test shows which muscles are facilitated and which are inhibited. Then the trainer- therapist assigns homework to release the facilitated muscle and activate the inhibited through specific releases and exercises. This is only the basis of NKT. Also the therapist -trainer works with scars that can down-regulate facia. Which can cause faulty movement patterns? In keeping it short. NKT is a protocol that can help with many issues past or present. This is a very important skill to have as a personal trainer. Helping a client get out of pain and moving correctly makes the fitness journey more achievable. Because it provides a better positive experience in the long run.
Here are some issues that NKT can help a person with!
- Feet. The foot is the basis of any movement pattern. Balancing the foot can help with proper mechanics when exercising. Bunions, hammertoes, unstable ankles are all treatable through NKT. Issues with neck pain can be related to the feet. Even lower back issues.
- The core is a major problem with many people who have lower back pain. NKT protocol helps the Therapy trainer find out the area or muscles of disfunction. The balance part is easy through many forms of releases and activations.
- Scars. Pretty much everyone has a scar. Scars can cause unbalanced movement in many ways, Some scars can cause problems to muscles that are in another region of the body.
- Ligaments have proprioception to them. This is pretty new to the exercise industry. NKT helps relate scars to pain and movement issues, Then the scars are treated in a special protocol.
- Neck issues are very common in the NKT therapy community. Through NKT testing. The Therapy-trainer can figure the muscle disfunction through testing can help with balancing the area through releases and activations of certain areas.
These are a few of the areas that NKT can treat. Eyes, shoulders, jaw, mid-back, hips, and many muscles issues can be resolved through NKT
My advice as a fitness professional for over 35 years is to hire someone that is more than a personal trainer. They must be more than a personal trainer delivering exercise routines. Today’s trainers must have more skills and be a hybrid professional who has Physical therapy protocols in their tool belt.
Michael Metchikian NASM, CPT, CES, NKT
Michael works in the Boca Raton area of Florida. He has a private studio and does at home training- therapy. He is versed in many modalities of therapy and fitness, Strength training, Neurological disorders as Parkinson’s, ALS, Multiple sclerosis. He is also a performance coach and rehabilitation specialist.
For Assessment information contact Michael at 561-400-7127 or www.fivewayfitness.com/schedule-a-visit/