As a personal trainer who specializes in training adults at home or in a private setting. I would like to point out the importance to incorporate strength training in an exercise program. As adult as in their 30, 40, and beyond. They lose 10% of the total mass muscle every decade. The best way to prevent muscle wasting is strength training. Strength training can help adults preserve and maintain their muscle mass. One of the key factors for anti-aging is to maintain muscle mass. It’s very important for adults to carry a good percentage of muscle mass as they get in their elderly years. Muscle mass has many benefits.
- Muscle helps with metabolism. You can eat more calories and feed yourself properly without gaining weight. Exercise is one way to maintain a high metabolism. Meaning you can stay lean and strong as you age.
- Maintaining a balanced glucose level is important. Controlling the onset of diabetes is very important as we age. Strength training and having a healthy amount of muscle helps maintain proper insulin control.
- Exercising the large muscle like the thighs, chest, back, arms and torso help adult move better. Strong muscle can help with proper locomotion(walking, jogging, stairs, bicycling, or sports such as tennis and golf).
- Adults always complain about low energy levels. Strength training is a great way to maintain energy and vigor.
- Adults have issues with balance such as falling and slipping. Having good strength and stability helps prevent accidents.
- Exercise especially weight training help with cognitive function. Lifting weights is a great way to keep your brain from working properly. Weight training helps with being mentally alert, sharp thinking, and having daily awareness of your surrounding with movement.
- Having confidence when you feel good about yourself goes a long way when it comes to living a healthy and fit life. At any age.
Starting an exercise program is easier working with a fitness professional. Starting an exercise program at home with a fitness professional is a great time because you can work out in the comfort of your own home, be safe, and at your convenience.