Today more more adults are overweight. Being overweight has many disadvantages. Such as heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, and musculoskeletal problems. As an at-home personal trainer in the Boca Raton and Delray Beach area I get many clients who are overweight and have high blood pressure. High blood pressure is a serious issue which can put tremendous stress to your body and organs. Many people turn to doctors that have slightly high blood pressure for medications and drugs. These drugs have tremendous side effects such as weight gain, loss of interest in sex, lethargy, and a host of other problems. The first line of defense could be hiring a personal trainer that is knowledgeable in weight loss and how blood pressure can be lowered. Here are some key points that personal trainers use to help clients with weight loss and high blood pressure issues.
- Nutrition is very important in weight loss. In my personal training business. I have my clients Journal every day what they eat and how much exercise they do on their own. Monitoring their caloric and food intake daily helps my clients realize the mistakes they make in the daily nutritional intake. Having a personal trainer set up a custom program tailored to the nutritional needs of the client is very important. First the client has to understand, assess, interview the client about their food choices and likes. This way the personal trainer can give options to the client. This way the client feels empowered that they have choices they can make. This gives them the freedom to choose from a variety of good foods that can help them with their weight loss.
- Losing weight is one of the best ways to lower blood pressure. Even a 5 pound drop in body weight can help someone lower their blood pressure. Just think what 20 to 30 pounds can do for individual. This will take the stress off their heart because now the body does not have to carry such a heavy load. Also choosing healthy foods that are void of salts, sugars, and saturated fat can help the client lower their blood pressure efficiently, safely, in the least amount of time.
- Many people don’t realize how important being hydrated is in regards to high blood pressure. If the blood volume is very sick and there is no water in our bodies. A blood pressure goes up and our bodies have to work harder. Drinking water throughout the day at a consistent pace is very important to keep your blood pressure healthy and ideal. Drinking juices is not recommended because of the high sugar content. Along with regular or diet sodas which can have even an adverse side effect. Such as raising your blood pressure because of caffeine and other chemicals that are put in dietary drinks.
- Regulating caffeine can also help with blood pressure. Drinking too many cups of coffee can not only dehydrate your body. Also the caffeine can help raise blood pressure. For someone who already has high blood pressure this can be a big problem. Personal trainers asked questions and make sure that the client is informed on what they’re putting into her mouth or drinking. This way there educated on how things work in regards to weight loss and high blood pressure.
- Exercise is one of the most important things you can do to help you with your weight loss and lower your blood pressure. During cardiovascular work for 30 to 40 minutes daily can help tremendously lower blood pressure. Cardiovascular exercise strengthens the heart which can help it work more efficiently and not have to struggle. The end result is lower blood pressure. Even taking a brisk walk for 30 to 40 minutes a day can help tremendously with burning extra calories for weight loss and heart health. The end result works both ways with weight loss and lower blood pressure.
Using these five key points can help tremendously with someone who has weight loss issues and high blood pressure. These five simple steps are very simple. They are not easy though. Working with a personal trainer such as I at the privacy of your home can help tremendously getting the results you want in the safest and fastest time possible. Working at home there are no distractions. The focus completely on you and the results are far greater than in a large crowded and fitness center.