As an in-home personal trainer in Boca Raton and Delray Beach area. I get requests for many clients that want to start new exercise programs. many of these clients have previous injuries such as lower weak backs. Many of my clients come to me for different fitness goals. Such as weight loss, strengthening and endurance. as I assess them I find many weak points. Such as weak and unstable lower backs. even though they might want to begin a weight loss program. It is important to work on their injuries. This way their bodies will be balanced and durable enough to be able to take strenuous exercise. In any kind of an exercise program there must be a physical rehabilitation component to it. Here are some tips that I include in my exercise programs to help strengthen weak lower backs. A client with a pain-free lower back will be more confident in a one-on-one personal training session.
- Warming up not only the whole body but in an area that needs rehabilitation is very important. Before getting down to business to the strenuous part of exercise. Doing some soft tissue work like full rolling, active stretches, and some light movement would help tremendously with a weak lower back.
- In any given personal one-on-one training session. I always have my clients perform 2 to 3 sets of 15 repetitions. of specific exercises pertaining to their rehabilitation goals. As the client progresses and becomes pain-free. I changed the exercises accordingly.
- Having the client do some homework outside of the personal training sessions is very important. Giving the client some very basic exercises pertaining to the injured area helps tremendously with their progress in their fitness goals. I start off by giving my clients modified exercises. Adjusting them accordingly as they get more endurance and strength in their injured or painful area.
- Making sure my clients that well hydrated with drinking plenty of water is very important in not only preventing injuries. Also keeping the muscles hydrated so there’s no back spasms.
- Teaching my clients how to rest their backs during today’s very important. Even to my executive clients. Teaching them how to get up and move around during the day is very important. Sitting is one of the major causes of back pain. Getting up and walking around every 30 to 45 minutes is very important.
I use these tips daily with great success in my in-home personal training business in Boca Raton and Delray Beach Florida. No matter what the goals are such as weight loss, increase strength and endurance or just general fitness. It is very important for a personal trainer to be knowledgeable enough to help his clients become pain-free and stay more active.