Protein has never been so popular. At one time protein products seemed exclusive to bodybuilders and elite athletes. As more and more research is done. Today’s been determined that everyone needs to up their protein intake. There has been a dramatic spike in the popularity of protein powders for people of all ages and fitness levels. The protein market is flooded with various protein products such as protein powders, protein bars and drinks. The big question is is what protein products are right for you?
Protein 101. Protein is very important for general health. We are made of protein. Our hair, skin, and nails, muscle tissue, bones and even our red blood cells contain a number of various kinds of protein. Even though protein is associated with muscle building and exercising. Our bodies require it for more important processes. Protein helps and support digestive enzymes to help process micronutrients, neurotransmitters to transmit messages to the brain. Antibodies to defend your immune system and hormones to regulate our entire body. The most important and famous reason why protein is vital is building, maintaining and replacing tissues in the body. If we want to be strong and healthy we need protein.
The body needs 20 different amino acids to maintain good health. The trick is the body is only capable of making eleven. The other nine need to be obtained from our diets. An example of the foods that contain the nine essential amino acids that make up a complete protein are meat, fish, eggs and dairy products. Other sources of complete protein are milk, yogurt and way, quinoa, hemp seeds, Chia seeds buckwheat, and spirulina.
- Protein is great for stabilizing sugar levels. Carbohydrates can cause blood sugar levels to spike and crash. Leaving the person feeling arable lightheaded confused and hungry. Eating lean protein helps slow down the release of sugar in your bloodstream. This keeps energy levels up. Also helps with mood. The key is to eat the proper ratio of proteins or carbohydrates. This is best to avoid sugar level spikes and crashes. This is a very very important in regards to weight loss. In my weight loss program in Boca Raton Florida. I’m always making sure my clients get proper feedings of protein between three and four times a day. This helps tremendously with controlling the appetite and mood.
- When eating protein throughout the day. protein supports proper neurotransmitter function. Neurotransmitters are responsible for mood, weight sleep and stress response. When one doesn’t get enough protein it can affect the neurotransmitters which can have a severe effect on their mood (depression), anxiety and other psychological disorders. Especially for women. As a personal fitness trainer I am always coaching my clients especially the women to keep the protein intake to a healthy level.
- Since protein builds muscle. If we do not have the proper intake daily. Muscle tissue will decrease. As we age our muscle mass decreases naturally. That’s why with the proper strength training program and a nutritious diet complemented with protein. We can maintain muscle mass as we age.
- Protein is good for a healthy weight. If weight maintain the proper amount of muscle mass to our bodies as we age. We are able to burn more calories throughout the day. Thus maintaining a healthy body weight. Another way to boost your protein intake. Is to have a protein drink daily. This was assured that you’re getting the proper amount of protein daily to help keep you healthy.
- When including proper protein in your diet. Along with a strength training program. This not only assures many other health benefits. It also helps with bone health. Since when we exercise especially strange training. Our musculoskeletal system is being challenged. Thus helping with healthy bone density.
- This one many people don’t know. Protein is good for your immune system. Protein keeps your body strong which will fight off viruses, bacteria and other pathogens. This fact really intrigued my in-home clients.
As a personal fitness trainer who helps people with their fitness goals such as weight loss, strength training, physical rehabilitation and balance and flexibility. Not only is important to maintain an active exercise program. along with proper eating habits and lifestyle change. I see tremendous success in my at-home personal training business. By keeping people healthy and fit through exercise and nutrition.